The Society is a professional Society which is a personal membership group affiliated with the Utah Hospitals and Health Systems Association (Association), but is not an integral part of the Association. The purpose of the Society shall be to advance the growth and development of the professional practice of healthcare risk management by:
- Conducting educational programs and activities to strengthen and promote members' professional development;
- Providing forums for the exchange of ideas
- Creating networking opportunities to facilitate the free exchange of information and solution of mutual concerns
- Facilitating communication of healthcare risk management issues with selected external stakeholders
- Advocating for the benefit of patients, healthcare and the profession in regulatory, legislative, and other professional arenas
- Promoting the certification of healthcare risk management professionals.